Now that the weather is getting nicer and the days are getting longer, it is reminding me of some simple summer pastimes that I look forward to. One of which, is listening to music and sipping cocktails on the back patio with my husband after our son goes to bed. As many of you know, we are expecting our second child this July/August, so sipping cocktails is unfortunately out of the question for me for most of the summer. But that doesn't mean I have to forgo all the fun.
I have come up with some fun, easy (emphasis on easy), and pretty-to-drink refreshments that can be made in about 2 minutes! This is great for hosting a get-together, a baby shower, or for the busy stay at home mom that needs an afternoon pick-me-up, alone, while the kids are napping. Enjoy!
"The Pink Drink"
- fill glass 3/4 full with Sparkling Pink Lemonade (Trader Joe's)
- handful of ice cubes or crushed ice
- splash of fresh lemon
- lemon slice (looks prettier than a wedge)
- 1/2 mint sprig (depending on size) or a handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 glass filled with sparkling cranberry juice (Trader Joe's)
- 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed orange juice (organic OJ from Trader Joe's is delicious)
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1 small wedge of fresh orange for the rim
"The Mommy Mule"
- fill one glass or copper mug with freshly brewed ginger beer (Trader Joe's)
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- juice squeezed from 1/2 lime
- crushed or cubed ice
- wedge of grapefruit for rim
- fill glass with plain sparkling water
- ice cubes
- 1/3 cup of frozen berries
- get creative and add cucumbers, melon, anything you can imagine!